Today is the first day of the year 2015. This blog is called, "The Repurposed Mom," this is the year to get a "repurpose."
I could not help but to think about the life changes I have had in the last decade. You have read many of them. Now as I am in a new decade of my life and a new calendar year, I am making resolutions. Every year I seem to make the same resolutions...but...like many... either forget about them or never do them. Instead of making resolutions I am making a list of things. I am making a list of things that I want to be remembered for. Now....the things I want to be remembered for are not things that I am very good at. If today was my last day how would the world, my friends, and family portray me? Thinking about how I would want to be remembered, they are all things that I strive to be... but again...not very good at...so here we go!
10. Learn how to say "no." Let me say that I do not want to be remembered for saying no to everything. MY ENTIRE LIFE I have been afraid I was going to hurt someone's feelings if I were to say "no." I have always been afraid for a job if I were to say "no." I have always thought someone else could not do it how I would want it done if I were to say "no." I am praying for help. I must say "no." I need to say that word so my kids know that they are before anything. I need to say that word for my own health. I need to remind myself and "know" that "no" is a good thing.
9. I want to be positive. Sadly, the world we live in thrives on gossip and everyone else's business. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant (before I was married), my parent's received emails, phone calls, voicemails, and so much more from people who they didn't even keep in contact with anymore. There were many that cared. There were many who wanted to see if "the rumors were true." Why? Why do we get a rush out of gossip and people's misery? I want to spread positivity.
8. I want to give. Granted...being two teachers our pockets are not very full. I tell Justin all the time that if we had lots of money, I want to give back to others. Maybe I cannot give with money (as much as I would love to), but maybe I can give with time. I don't mean time with things we do all of the time but other things....help feeding at a homeless shelter, taking the kids to a humane society to help...I don't know, but I need to give to others. I am blessed.
7. Learn to accept things I cannot change. I think this one explains itself. I know I have so many things that will happen in my life that I will be disappointed....they have already happened. However, it will probably do me a lot better if I accepted them in a different way. This doesn't mean that I approve of what is happening, but does mean that the way that I handle it can make a difference in my life.
6. Be proud of my body. Yes...I said it. I am a very insecure person. I always have been. I have done things to myself to make myself "feel better," but in the long run hurt it. I have compared myself to so many other models or even my friends. I am finally starting to understand that feeling better starts with yourself not the way others see you. Confidence is something I lack at but strongly want...I will have confidence.
5. Know and remind myself that my kids and husband are not the same person I am. I am a bit of a perfectionist and like things a certain way. I love sports. I love pretty things. I love music. I love performing. I love love things neat. I know that they do not all share the same things I do...and that is okay. Hey...we would be a boring family if we were all the same. I need to understand that the expectations that I have of them are great...but their expectations of themselves might matter more and might help me put into perspective my expectations.
4. Laugh at my faults. I get so upset sometimes when I do not meet expectations of others (weird I just said that of my family). I need to understand that I am who I am and no one else can do what I can do whether it is great or a little messed up. I have a lot of moments where I say the completely wrong word, have no idea what people are talking about, or make myself look like a complete idiot. Thats okay, because that is who I am and if the people that love me thinks its funny than I need to too.
3. Remember my kids are growing up. I would do ANYTHING for my two kids. They make me breathe. It saddens be beyond anything to seem them grow. It saddens me when they begin to learn about "the everyday life." It breaks my heart when they are hurt, when they experience pain or hardships. I want them to be little forever. They are becoming AMAZING people. I am learning from THEM. They, not knowing it, are teaching me life lessons and I need to accept and I need to let their little wings soar.
2. Be happy. Yes...I am happy. I am happy that I married the man of my dreams. I am happy that I have two healthy children. I am happy for my family who raised me. But....do I come across as a happy person? When something bad, sad, or even unexpected happens, whether it is as little as something as a situation at work or everyday life....maybe I don't really handle it in the best way. Yes....when it is something devastating...I have every right to be unhappy...but when it is something that is an everyday occurrence, maybe my happiness depends on how I react...or....how long I stay in that situation.
1. Think about me. Again, please don't take this wrong. I (as you have already read) think about what so many other people think....maybe this is the year that I think about what I need. I want to be with my kids more. I want to be able to come home without stress and make a meal for my family. I want to not be in a bad mood as soon as I get in the car from a stressful day at work. How can I make me happy? This one might take a little more thinking but I am going to make it a goal.
Well...I have been honest. Not that you need to hear all of my goals, but I decided I really need to write my "resolutions" or "goals" or how I want to be remembered out in the open. Happy New Year to everyone and I pray you have the best 2015.
My Repurpose for Today : To have a "repurpose" in the year 2015.
I am an everyday mom who likes everyday things. I love taking everyday items and giving them a repurpose. Our number one seller is our candles!